Tuesday OCT.8, @2:00, East Walker 103. Partner with Raeanna.
- Be more aware of the course assistants.
- For clarifying the difference between MLA and APA formatting google the citation chart or just type it into owl purdue. Will need adobe to load it.
- Completed work is not an A but a C
- In cite citations in regards to APA is as followed: (last name, yr, p. #). If it is a website article with no different pages count the paragraphs and put the paragraph number instead of page number.
- In reference list to cite is author last name and first initial not last name and then first and last initial.
- It would be a good idea to force myself to sit down with owl purdue to fully grasp APA.
- Liked the use of Ethos and connection I did with pervious readings in my peer review. Gave an extra 3 points bringing the peer review grade up to a 15 out of 15.
- Appearance to widget-choose one for side menus or headers, etc
- Look at future work, forget what is already been done except word projects.
Word Project Feedback (1)
- Add image. (Orange hostess cupcake and play around with placement)
- Add to the climax.
Word Project Feedback (2)
- Create a title
- Expository narrative is fine
- Break up and format project
- Add visual appeal
- Write the pre and post paragraphs. My goals were to complete the assignment, get the best possible grade I can, and to not write a narrative
- Anthony Bourdain citation needs to be fixed. PP=Period post parenthesis
I will use the feedback I received in regards to my citations. I have gotten closer to the correct citation format but looked at the wrong page and examples for my reference list. My writing genre is fine because it is an expository narrative. I am thinking of a title for my second word project, maybe something along the lies of Another fallen empire. But I am not sure if that really foreshadows what the project is about. I am not sure what to do in regards to visual appeal, maybe a picture of Paula Deen, or some of her products. I have written my goals above but will include them in the project and explain them, how I plan to achieve then. In the post paragraph I will explain how I achieved them. I will add pictures to my first word project.
Overall I didn’t get a lot of feed back on my work. I don’t know where my notes stand, we didn’t talk about my goals like we did with Raeanna’s. I don’t know where I stand in the class right, I don’t know what grade my projects are right now. I did get the question on my Halloween Candy article answered, include my thoughts, reactions, etc. I felt that the use of time was a bit of an issue in this meeting. I didn’t get a lot of feedback on my work, nothing that wasn’t really mentioned in class already or in the previous meeting that while got better wasn’t completely right (Narrative revision and citations). Next time I hope that both my partner and I will get an equal amount of focus. A lot of Raeanna’s mistakes in citations went along with my mistakes. I find it very helpful that both Raeanna and I are working with APA, so any feedback given to one goes for the other. I feel uncertain with my work in the class so far and I don’t know where it stands. My question on whether the expository narrative was an acceptable genre was answers, the answer being yes.