Pour this freshly-made berry sauce over ice cream or even a slice of pound cake, and take a simple dessert to a whole new level.
2 cups of fresh Blackberries and/or Raspberries
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of water separated
Let’s get started
- In a small saucepan bring 1 cup of water and ½ cup of sugar to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, mix in 1 cup of berries.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Then pour into medium sauce pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until berries soften and release their juices.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of berries.
- Serve over entrée or desert.
Publix Aprons – Simple Meals, Berry Sauce Recipe
Keep it Sweet. (2011). Berry Sauce Photo[Photograph]. Retrieved SEP 23, 2013 from http://keepitsweetdesserts.com/mixed-berry-sauce/